Sunday, September 23, 2007

The requested evidence



I had a couple of blog readers say that they found it unbelievable (and more than a little nasty) that there's so much dog poop to be found on city sidewalks...I even had someone request photographic evidence of it (ahem...Chuck!). So here it is, a few photo samples of the landmines that can be found - or if you're REALLY lucky, stepped in! - around the city.

We actually witnessed the "deposit" of the first one the other day along a busy shopping street - it belongs to a Yorkshire terrier whose young female owner looked pretty bored, and I think scooping was about the LAST thing she would think of doing! The second one I found this morning in our neighborhood - notice the fresh produce in crates stacked on the ground across the street. Anyway, to spare everyone from having to see these pictures right at the top of my blog, I'm going to follow up immediately with another post. I figure it's the least I can do!

3 comments:

Miz K said...

I was using the Blogger Play function to look at random photos and yours made me HAVE to click. Thanks for the laugh!

Sincerely,
An unemployed wife from the US currently living in Switzerland - the land where the dogs don't poo....

Anonymous said...

I will ship some of Ginger's spare bags to you and you can launch the Brussels Poo-Scooping Brigade.

Anonymous said...

Hehe - I have lived in Brussels for 20 years and avoiding them is a skill that you develop over time. It's all about scanning the sidewalk for odd spots :P

I was also hoping to have some opinion on the MA in Political Strategy and Communications that Carl was taking as I am considering it very seriously.

Sorry to intrude like this but I am trying to gather as much info as I can. Thank you in advance, though:

All the best,

Jerome in Korea

PS: here is my email kim.jerome@gmail.com