Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Can an almost middle-aged dog learn two BIG new tricks at once??

I guess we'll find out, because I've just signed myself up to take courses in two very dissimilar languages at once! Carl and I together are signed up for a 3 hr./week French course through his school, and I have also signed up for a 6 hr./week course in Dutch! The Dutch course is actually free (all you pay is €30 for the course materials) so there was no way I could turn down the opportunity! The Flemish community subsidises the classes for residents of the city in an effort to encourage more people to learn Dutch. I can understand why they're doing that, because it didn't take much time here for us to realize that even though Brussels is officially bilingual, French is pretty much all you hear!

Anyway, I'll be sure keep you all posted on my progress and how confusing it is (or perhaps isn't?) to begin learning two new languages at the same time. Fingers crossed!! :-)

2 comments:

Miz K said...

Good luck with the languages! We're slacking off and only doing French - for now! ;-)

P.S. Ice cubes ROCK

Anonymous said...

Wow! if your almost middle aged, I must have one foot in the grave already. :-)