Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Here it is!


The picture is a little fuzzy, but here's what all the hassle has been for - a sticker small enough to fit inside one page of my passport! It's an important sticker though, because it allows me to remain here legally and to obtain my identity card...though that'll take another 6-8 weeks, thanks to the slow progression of the Belgian bureaucracy. That's one thing we've learned for sure - NOTHING happens quickly here when it comes to the government or services like utilities, cable and internet. For instance, we were lucky to have our internet and cable up and running within 10 days; others we know have had to wait 4 to 6 weeks!!

Anyway, let's just say that we're both thrilled to have finally completed this part of the process, and to be able to focus on other things, like figuring out the French language! :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! I can see the SMILE on your face in your picture!! :)

Kasia said...

Congrats! You must be really thrilled! Did you have a nice time back in US?

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you Jen. I know this is one big weight off of your shoulders. Now you and Carl can actually begin enjoying your time there. We will definitely see you in the spring. :-) Found any good Sushi? I miss my Sushi partner.

Gert-Jan said...

Well I've just started reading your blog and I'm sure that the commenting era of this post has died a long time ago, hmmm, funny sentence, I, as Belgian can tell you why the Belgian Burocracy doesn't work: there are to much men and women working in it, it just can't work.