Saturday, October 20, 2007

We've officially lost our minds!!

There must be something in the water here that affects the brain a bit, because we've both just signed ourselves up to run the Paris Marathon next Spring! I guess maybe some of you won't find it too out of character since we've both done some running in the past and have talked about attempting a marathon, but neither of us has actually undertaken one before! It was kind of a random thing, and Carl signed up first. I of course, sat there for a while and pondered the insanity of it before agreeing to it myself, babbling about just how crazy it is the whole time that Carl was signing me up...yep, couldn't even do it myself, I was so nervous and giddy!
Anyway, it's April 6th, so we have almost six months to train (I'm gonna need it!). Any of you out there who have done one before, if you have any words of wisdom or training secrets, we're all ears! We're going to be looking up training plans of course, but the personal wisdom of someone who's been there is always welcome.
I guess there's just something about Paris in the Springtime!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have any words of wisdom to offer you guys on your marathon adventure-but I WILL say a prayer for the both of you?? ;)

Sis

Kasia said...

Oyey... will keep my fingers crossed for you guys... you know what they say: Paris is pretty in spring :P