Monday, April 14, 2008

Photo finish

I finally received the picture I ordered of me finishing the marathon. The photographers took several but this one was definitely the best, and since they charge a fortune for them (15 euros each!), I only ordered the one. I knew I was being photographed of course, so the huge smile and the arms in the air was a little bit for the camera, but the emotion was the real thing! The feeling of crossing the finish line was awesome, and I'm so glad I lucked out to have a photo that conveys it so well!

The second photo is of all 35,000 of us at the starting line - they provided us with a small electronic version of that one for free at least! Just to give you an idea, Carl and I were near the back of the pack, on the left side as you look at the picture.


4 comments:

Bree said...

that IS the best picture...and yikes it was a lot of money! WORTH IT....congrats again.

Miz K said...

Very nice - definitely worth the money!

Matt said...

Congrats on the marathon finish Jen.

Yes, I am still working on getting to Germany in a few years. :-)

Kasia said...

Love the "winner picture". Jen I'm very sorry but I will miss you in Fribourg. The explanation is on my blog and if you would like more details just email me... situation got slightly rockier than I had ever expected