Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Birthday report


So as I said before my birthday was Sunday, and overall it was a very nice day. The run to Waterloo went well, although we ended up taking a slightly different route that was a little shorter than the planned 9 miles - what a bummer! :-) The weather held for us though, and while we didn't see the giant commemorative battle statue (it's evidently well south of the town), Waterloo itself is very pretty. We'll have to add it to the list to go back and see on a nice day. The view from the top of the statue is supposed to be great on clear days, so we'll try to time that one.

Later in the evening we headed downtown, where a friend took this nice shot of us at dinner. Lately for some reason I don't tend to like very many photos of myself, but this one turned out pretty well so I thought I'd post it. After dinner we wandered around the Christmas market and ran into a few other friends. It was fun, but once again the rain returned and made it not very pleasant to be outdoors, so we called it a night and went home. I hadn't really thought of this before, but this was the first birthday I've celebrated outside of the United States. All in all it was a nice one!

5 comments:

Miz K said...

Cute pic - glad to hear the run went well! We should plan a get-together!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday from Portland Oregon! We enjoy your blog! Dianne

Kasia said...

Happy birthday! I can only second Miz K!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a beer for me. Jim :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry I missed your b-day sis. I'm usually better about that...so sorry. THanks for the update.