Sunday, December 30, 2007

And we're off!!!

After much anticipation, we head out VERY EARLY tomorrow morning to catch our flight to Rome, and we should be on the ground in the Eternal City by about 8:30 CET. I've done a lot of research and have things pretty well planned out, but I've also been sure to leave time for just wandering and doing whatever comes to mind. We'll take two daytrips, one to Pompeii (and Sorrento if time allows) a few hours south, and the other to Orvieto, about 90 minutes north - we figured it would be nice to get out of the city for a few days and see a little bit of the rest of the country.

We will have internet access while we're there, so I'm taking my laptop and plan to upload some photos along the way...so be sure to keep your eyes out for more blogging and pictures!

Oh, and I almost forgot...

3 comments:

Gail said...

Happy New Year Jen & Carl
Have a gelato for me from the shop off Piazza Navonne (sp?).

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! May 2008 be as much fun for you as your blog shows in 2007! I want to be like you! :-) Dianne

Chuck Lewis said...

I can't believe that you guys are having so much fun on your vacation that you did not have time to share any stories and photos with everyone.