Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a White...Birthday?


Truth be told, I'd have most preferred an unseasonably warm and sunny day today, but I suppose the white stuff would be the second choice! It didn't accumulate on the ground, but late this morning I looked out the window and saw some big, fluffy white flakes falling, and it made me smile!

Sorry to have neglected the blog a bit, but it's been an uneventful few weeks aside from the nasty and persistent colds that Carl and I both picked up in England. This one has been particularly hard to shake for some reason, and I'm not even sure whether I'm feeling better or just getting used to not feeling well. Regardless, I'm ready to be over it already!

In other news, a month or two ago we signed up to run the Paris marathon a second time, so training for that has begun - though the illness has thus far hindered my efforts to get back into running condition. The date is April 5th if anyone was thinking of coming to watch! Finally, I had another job interview which went very well, and with any luck I may have some employment news to report soon. I don't want to say any more than that because I don't want to jinx anything, but I think my chances are pretty good, so fingers crossed!

That's all for now - I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the holiday season thus far!!

3 comments:

Miz K said...

Happy snow-day! It's snowing here right now, too - I just love it, Hope you two get feeling better soon!

Simon Anderson said...

I'm also doing the Paris Marathon so I'll link you in to my blog.

Time to start your training!

Good luck.

Simon.

Bree said...

I don't think I've ever had a 'snow' birthday...pretty hard to have happen at the end of summer huh? Hey-don't forget to update your age on your "about me" sidebar on your blog page...(heehehhee) we're all getting old sis-it ain't right!