Saturday, October 25, 2008

We Have Finally Arrived!

After approximately 14 months, I believe that we can finally declare ourselves legitimate residents of Belgium, and for a couple of reasons. Firstly, we are now contributing to the tax revenue of the State (and generously I might add - Belgium has one of the highest income tax rates in the world!). Secondly, thanks to the friendliness - hopefully out of sincerity and not pity - of a couple of Carl's new colleagues, we can now count two born-and-raised, bonafide Belgians among our circle of friends! I know for sure that one of them reads this blog - yes, I mean you, Marc - so feel free to comment here if you wish, either to make fun of me or to say something witty, whatever you choose! :-)

Anyway, after a bit of a lull in my blogging activity I also wanted to let everyone know that we're doing well. Carl's job is going great, my job search is, well, going, and we've been enjoying the visit of our friend Erica along with her travel companion Riya, who has stopped off to visit us here in the midst of her 3 month European travel adventure. We're enjoying Belgium as much as ever, and on almost a daily basis we feel both thrilled and thankful to have had the opportunity to continue on this adventure...hopefully there's much more to come!

3 comments:

Miz K said...

Congrats on your very own locals - lol - we know what an exciting time that is... it just makes you feel more like you belong! We're thinking maybe early March if it works for you for a visit - Chris has to build a little mo' vacation back up after Christmas! Have a great weekend!

Bree said...

I forgot to mention: on my flight back from IAD-LAX, I sat next to two folks who were attending some Euro International event. The gal was from Germany-the man from Belgium. When I told the man you guys lived there-he asked where, I told him (Et*****k), he started naming off ALL these familiar things about your town! TOO COOL!! Anyways-had to share. Ooh-and I think I drove past your old apartment in Reston... :)

Anonymous said...

Damn, and I thought I was reading these pages anonymously... It's a pleasure to be one of the two locals to make you feel right at home! And thanks again for the invite to the pub quiz!